Performance issues continued

Saturday, May 3. 2008

Hopefully I managed to resolve the ridiculous performance issues now. I've checked my installed event plugins one by one, and found out, that the CSS browser compatibility plugin, the statistics plugin and the Gravatar plugin had a bad influence onto the blog loading times. I deactivated those, and now the site opens a lot faster.

Defined tags for this entry: , ,

Blog performance issues

Sunday, April 13. 2008

Currently I'm desperately seeking for the reason of the pretty slow page reproduction of my weblog. It takes about 7 seconds before the page finally begins to load. I moved to a faster server, but almost no improvement. It seems to be a database issue. But somehow I can't get the s9y debugging tool to work properly..

Update: I discovered a problem with a wrong set file path in my css and therefore could optimized the page a little, since loading the style sheet took quite long. But the DB problem persists :-(

Defined tags for this entry: ,

How to keep Winamp's memory usage slim

Tuesday, March 4. 2008

Lately Winamp has really been giving me the creeps – additional of not being able to handle my media library in a efficiently way, it wouldn’t just load to play a single mp3 track, but would also load the whole library using up to 400MB if memory space and taking quite a while. It took me a while to figure out that it is not only necessary to select "Do not load the Media Library database at Winamp start-up" under "Options>Preferences>Media Library>Local Media>Options" but also to disable "Use library title information for Playlist Item Formatting". Amending this changes Winamp "only" uses up about 50MB of memory after start-up and is way faster.

Defined tags for this entry: , , , ,